Monday 6 August 2012

Back on board fit and well! The trip to the hospital gave a positive result so I was able to head out to the sun with the right drugs finally. A week on the antibiotics, sun and plenty of rest has done the trick happily; the infection has gone and my chest is almost cleared up so I am now back on the boat for the final leg. Paul had other things to do so I am currently on my own but a friend of mine from Rhosneigr may join me in a few days.
I picked up the boat from Sligo on Friday, a little sooner than planned but the winds were due to die for a week so I grabbed the opportunity to get round to the north of Ireland before they did drop, the wind was however northerly and so against me. 3 days sailingand 100 miles later I am in a beautiful sea loch called Loch Swilly, 10 miles from Derry (also known as Londonderry) in County Donegal; what a beautiful place. The wind has now died for a few days and the sun is out so I am heading out on my trusty bike tomorrow to explore the hinterland!

No comments:

Post a Comment